Aaron Scott and Black are delighted to announce the availability of a new specialist training course on food labelling – giving information for consumers.
This new specialist training course on food labelling will provide candidates with a good understanding of current food labelling legislation and is designed to give you a working knowledge of legislative requirements for food composition and labelling which will enable you to confidently assess product specifications, pack copy and artwork for legality.
The course aims to:
- improve awareness of food labelling law
- provide guidance on the key aspects of food labelling
- help prevent mislabelling or mis-description of foods.
The course contains 13 modules covering various aspects of food labelling legislation: you may opt OUT of any of the modules if they are not relevant to your food business (just let us know).
Introduction and legal obligations
Task: Review of Onganic Alpine Meadow Farm speciality milk packaging
- Food Information to Consumers introduction and quiz
- Product names and quiz
- Nutrition and Health Claims and quiz
- Ingredients: lists, quantities and allergens inc QUID and quiz
- Nutrition labelling and energy values inc traffic light scheme labelling and quiz
- Mandatory information, legibility and font size and QUID
- Food supplements and fortified foods inc task and 6 quiz questions
- Country of origin labelling task and quiz
- Protected food names inc tasks and quiz
- Alcoholic beverage labelling inc tasks and quiz
- Foods for Specific Groups FSG (previously PARNUTS) labelling inc quiz
- Voluntary information, national measures, enforcement, organic, quiz
13 Net quantity, date indications, and storage conditions and instructions for use
Practical assessed task: design your own label
Assessment: Each module ends in a group Task and an individual Quiz which you need to complete correctly to receive your CPD certificate of attainment. You may retake each module quiz once. The pass mark is 80%
Who Should Attend?
- Enforcement officers
- Technical Managers and supervisors
- Label Designers
More details on the Food Labelling – giving information for consumers course can be found here.
To enquire or book this course please telephone 01425 482 831