Allergens Training Courses
Allergens training courses from Aaron, Scott and Black
Under the Food Information Regulations 2014, food business operators have a legal responsibility to provide complete and correct food allergen information to customers. These regulations apply to all catering and retail businesses that serve or sell loose foods.
The Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness has been designed to help food handlers to:
understand the impact of food allergy and intolerance
identify, manage and control the risks associated with food allergens
apply the principles of practical allergen management to develop good practice in the workplace
The qualification is aimed at food handlers and other staff involved in food preparation and service who work within the catering industry.
Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management for Caterers
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at individuals responsible for the purchase, delivery, production and serving of food in the catering industry and is also suitable for those who own/manage a small catering business.
This qualification covers:
• The different roles in ensuring that food ingredients and allergens are effectively managed;
• Common allergens and intolerances;
• Procedures relating to the accurate communication of ingredient information, from supplier to consumer;
• Hygiene considerations with regard to allergen and ingredient control; and
• Procedures relating to the control of contamination and cross-contamination of allergenic ingredients.