Aaron Scott and Black are pleased Level 2 Allergen Awareness in Catering courses.
Under the Food Information Regulations 2014, food business operators have a legal responsibility to provide complete and correct food allergen information to customers. These regulations apply to all catering and retail businesses that serve or sell loose foods.
The Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness has been designed to help food handlers to:
- understand the impact of food allergy and intolerance
- identify, manage and control the risks associated with food allergens
- apply the principles of practical allergen management to develop good practice in the workplace
Who needs this qualification?
Everyone who prepares, serves or sells food in any type of food business needs to:
- be fully aware of the foods that may trigger an allergic reaction and
- know what precautions need to be taken to ensure that customers do not eat a food that they are trying to avoid.
Why is this qualification important?
Developing food allergen awareness is key to complying with the Food Information Regulations 2014 and improving business. Customers need to be confident that the information provided is complete and correct and the food that is served or sold is safe to eat.