Internal Auditing Course for ISO 15189 Medical Laboratory Quality Management Systems
Internal Auditing Course for ISO 15189 Medical Laboratory Quality Management Systems: Level 3 Award in Principles of Effective Auditing and Inspection (RQF accredited course)
ISO 15189 is the standard for diagnostic laboratories to demonstrate their competence to deliver reliable services. Clause 4.14.5 describes the requirement for Internal Audits.
Internal auditing is fundamental to any quality improvement initiative. Many hospital laboratories have adopted the ISO 15189 Quality Management System standard.
This Ofqual-regulated RQF accredited course develops the necessary skills to assess and report on the conformance and implementation of processes based on ISO 15189. You’ll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports and complete follow-up activities.
What will we learn?
- The importance of undertaking effective auditing
- The competencies and characteristics of an effective auditor
- The importance of a planned approach to conducting effective audits
- Understand the techniques used during the audit process
- Understand how to analyse and use evidence collected to inform the audit process
- Guidelines of management system auditing according to ISO 19011:2011
- Application of auditing guidelines to ISO 15189
- Initiating, preparing and conducting audit activities
- Preparing and distributing the audit report
- Completing audit and follow-up
How will we benefit?
This course will help you to:
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on ISO 15189 audit activities
- Identify the benefits and requirements of an ISO 15189 audit
- Gain the skills to assess an organisation’s capability to manage its QMS
- Be able to write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions
The course concludes with a one-hour examination which consists of 30 multiple choice questions. The examination is an Ofqual regulated qualification and success leads to learners achieving the RQF qualification.
Times 6 classroom learning hours plus two-hour revision and examination session held on one day
Preliminary tasks yes
Fees as arranged with you
Venue Your venue or our Ringwood centre. A comfortable training room is all that is needed
Duration One day with preliminary tasks
Maximum attendees: we prefer no more than 12 (there is no minimum number for the course)
Available from: this is a new qualification on the RQF framework, launched in November 2017
This course is part of the range of ISO Internal Auditing Courses from Aaron Scott and Black