Lead Auditor Courses IRCA-certified
Lead Auditor courses, IRCA-certified, both in a classroom and remotely, e.g. FSMS Lead Auditor FSSC 22000 v5.1 based on ISO 22000:2018 for Food Safety Management Systems.
Susan Alexander is IRCA-certified for delivery of this course.
This training course will enable you to audit Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) against FSSC 22000 Version 5.1, ISO 22000:2018 and ISO 22002-1 requirements.
You will learn the role and responsibilities of an FSMS Lead Auditor and the principles and benefits that underpin an FSMS. You will develop the knowledge and skills needed to lead audits and audit teams.
We offer both face-to-face classroom courses as well as remote classroom courses (via Zoom) which are fully interactive and delivered in real time in small groups and provide delegates with the flexibility of attending from a convenient place, without the requirement of travelling.
The course runs over 5 days in the classroom, or 7 (shorter) days for the remote delivery.
There is pre-coursework to complete as well as homework, which is set every evening.
Upon completing the course, learners will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Describe the purpose of a food safety management system, of food safety management systems standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a food safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011:2018 (Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems)
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a food safety management system to establish conformity with ISO 22000:2018, ISO/TS 22002-1, FSSC 22000 version 5 additional requirements, and in accordance with ISO 19011:2018
Before starting this course, learners are expected to have knowledge and understanding of:
- Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context.
This includes schemes such as BRCGS, GLOBALGAP, SQF, FSSC and/or other schemes which include management system components.
- Relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to delegates’ food industry context and location).
- Knowledge of prerequisite programmes
- Good Practice guides for the segment of the food chain in which the learner operates, e.g. Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP)
- The principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 Standard.