Level 1 Award in Food Safety Awareness
Aaron Scott and Black are pleased to be able to offer Level 1 Award in Food Safety Awareness
Who needs this qualification?
- New employees with minimal prior food safety knowledge
- Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods
- Front-of-house employees such as waiting or checkout staff
- Back-of-house employees such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff
- Employees speaking English as a second language
- Employees with special education needs
Why is this training important?
Food business operators must ensure employees are supervised, instructed and trained in food hygiene matters in order to guarantee safe food to consumers.
- Understand the basic requirements of food safety and hygiene: How to keep clean and hygienic
- How to keep work areas clean
- The role an individual plays in reducing contamination
- Identify key food safety issues